Skip to main content

Thank you.. Farewell...


Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.

-- Dr. Seuss

For three years of working at Holy Child, I already have envisioned myself graduating and still being a part of my HCH family. As my previous posts could have divulged, I hated being there- hated being taken advantage of by the nuns, and loathed being disparaged (in any way) by some people. I often thought of making a "hate post" right after I step out of the vicinity of the hospital. I wanted to let go of this repugnance and abhorrence I've been keeping all these years. I wanted to curse everyone who have made my stay there miserable. I have outlined all the words in my mind, until something made me change my mind.

I tried to look at the bright side and thought of the advantages I gained. I then realized that my stay there had been fruitful after all. I wouldn't have learned so many things if it were not because of the people who have been my mentors there. I wouldn't have learned to read the undecipherable handwritings of doctors, the ICD codes of diseases, the paging stuffs at the info, the diets appropriate for certain illnesses, the processing of Philhealth and HMO claims, BP taking, and still a lot more. Furthermore, if it were not because of my being at HCH, I wouldn't have met the people who have influenced quite a great part of my life.

When I bid goodbye to everyone, I suddenly felt a lump on my throat, which is the last thing that I expected. Then I realized that I will surely miss so many things now that I am no longer a part of the family. I know I had my fair share of miseries while being with them, but there are also a lot of things that I am very thankful of them. The knowledge and learnings that I have acquired are incomparable. Surely, girls my age are not given the same chance that I got.

Now, whenever I think of all those things, I can't help but smile and be grateful because even if things did not go on as I expected, there are still tons more that I could be thankful about.

To my HCH family, thank you for being a great part of my life. 'Keep serving the humanity', as your mission goes. =)

Comments

Anonymous said…
holy child hospital in? :)
when a door closes, God will open another.. so cheer up.. your former colleagues will surely miss you, but they will still be proud of you.. :)
Anonymous said…
@ Borski and Nai: It's in Dumaguete

@ Claire: Thanks a lot for that... Actually, God has already opened another door. And I'm indeed very grateful for that. He never really leaves me hanging... God is good all the time...

Popular posts from this blog

Is this a sign?

The Philippines had always been a rich agricultural country, that realizing its people are now facing a great dilemma over rice shortage just sounds really absurd. How can an agricultural country be facing such shortage? Never did I thought that this time will come when I will have to witness the chaotic crowds of people waiting for their rice rations. The government is now providing rice subsidy to the people- offering them NFA rice at lower cost. The once 25 to 30 pesos-per-kilo-worth of commercial rice, now mounts to 45 to 51 pesos per kilo. Imagine the increase? Shocking, indeed! The question now is, when will this dilemma end? Will a point come when people will do all sorts of things just to put something on their stomach? How long are Filipinos going to bear with the mayhem over a little ration of rice? Is this the end? Religious critics found this economic crisis a sign. Yup, one of the signs of God's return- the last judgment. My aunt even told me that she fears that the...

Me and You

Is this fate or mere coincidence? Is this for real or falsehood again? Is this the right thing or we just don’t know what we’re doing? Questions seem to be endless, Uncertainties make me restless. Should we? Should I? May those things that we’ve gone through Be our ultimate guide as we go Nothing is certain, you know But as long as there is love, we’ll make it through. We don’t know what lies ahead, What would become of us is uncertain Still, amidst all these indecisions, Only one thing matters, That, right now, there is me and you.

Five Little Details I Notice About Men

My friends often tell me that I am a person of such mordant wit. Well, what can I do? I think I was born with an incisive and trenchant personality, and people who are close to me can attest to that (who else can? They are always my victim. haha... ) Actually, I only notice those things which stirs up my interest, and I am very vocal about them. I had a little chit-chat with a friend this morning and we were discussing about this new guy she keeps on eyeing for the past days. Well, he really isn't that bad looking, but, he's just not somebody who can have me spun around for another glance. Hmmn..., well, for one, he isn't gifted with the height and built that I have set as the standard for boys. I told this to my friend, and as usual it caused some pout on the lips and a glare that's as fierce as my Bio teacher's. Well, what can I do? I'm just being honest (haha) When it comes to boys, I look for a lot of details. Aside from the over-all personality (wit, attit...