Skip to main content

Love and Dreams


I’ve been wanting to write about December 7, 2011 for so long already; but whenever I sit and start writing about it, my mind just wanders and can’t seem to put into words what I so wanted to express. Anyway, after quite many attempts, I will give it another shot. Here goes:

The first time I stepped foot on Davao’s famous Jack’s Ridge and saw its breathtaking overlooking view of Davao City, I already told myself that I’ll marry the person who proposes to me there. He has to pop the question right at the middle of the small canopy at the foot of the hilly park, where a dim spot light illuminates. It is such a romantic spot. The multi-colored lights of Davao City make such a magnificent view from above- a beauty that is beyond words.  From up there, I could see the vastness of the city and the towering buildings that become only a speck, an insignificant fragment in an enormous space. From up there, nothing matters – no gigantic, grandiose structures matter.

On December 7, 2011, somebody fulfilled my dream of being proposed to right at that very spot. It was not an ostentatious proposal with scattered flower petals and serenaded candle-lit dinners. It was unpretentious, warm, and heartfelt. When we and four of our closest friends went to Jack’s Ridge and reached the spot to take pictures, I kept on saying how I wished I would be proposed there, really intending to make him hear and give him an idea. I even said, “Di ba, Ma’am Beth, I told you this is the place, and, uh, this is the very spot!” I kept on saying that because I wanted to give him the idea, so when we come back next December, hopefully he would do it (ha-ha).

Never did I think that he would do it right there and then. He suddenly hugged me tight and kissed me, then asked one of our friends to take pictures of the both of us. He took my hand and led me to the center of the canopy where the spot light is. While we were posing for the picture, he slowly drew a package from his back pocket. The next thing I knew, a cute diamond ring is staring at me. I looked at him and he gave me the sheepish smile he always shows whenever he feels awkward and nervous. I just couldn’t believe it. I couldn’t believe he would do it… there… that time. And that is when I started to cry. He got down on one knee, asked me to marry him, and slipped the ring on my finger. I don’t know if I even had the chance to say ‘yes’. We just hugged and cried, while Ma’am Beth and the others were also in tears.
The very spot!
http://www.jacksridgedavao.com/
Jack's Ridge



Having Jheck in my life as a friend for 3 years and boyfriend for almost 4 years now is one of God’s greatest blessing to me. He may not be the perfect ‘knight in shining armor’, but he is the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. We are the total opposites. He is the fun-loving, carefree type, while I am the prim and logical type. He does things on impulse, while I spend more time thinking and getting things in order first before doing the first move. But as they say, it is our differences that keep us together. We complement each other. He is good at things that I suck at, and vice versa.

I really thank the Lord for writing me this beautiful story – a perfect story with the perfect man to take the lead role – and I continue to pray that the next chapters of the story will be lived by us, this time, as a couple.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is this a sign?

The Philippines had always been a rich agricultural country, that realizing its people are now facing a great dilemma over rice shortage just sounds really absurd. How can an agricultural country be facing such shortage? Never did I thought that this time will come when I will have to witness the chaotic crowds of people waiting for their rice rations. The government is now providing rice subsidy to the people- offering them NFA rice at lower cost. The once 25 to 30 pesos-per-kilo-worth of commercial rice, now mounts to 45 to 51 pesos per kilo. Imagine the increase? Shocking, indeed! The question now is, when will this dilemma end? Will a point come when people will do all sorts of things just to put something on their stomach? How long are Filipinos going to bear with the mayhem over a little ration of rice? Is this the end? Religious critics found this economic crisis a sign. Yup, one of the signs of God's return- the last judgment. My aunt even told me that she fears that the...

Me and You

Is this fate or mere coincidence? Is this for real or falsehood again? Is this the right thing or we just don’t know what we’re doing? Questions seem to be endless, Uncertainties make me restless. Should we? Should I? May those things that we’ve gone through Be our ultimate guide as we go Nothing is certain, you know But as long as there is love, we’ll make it through. We don’t know what lies ahead, What would become of us is uncertain Still, amidst all these indecisions, Only one thing matters, That, right now, there is me and you.

Five Little Details I Notice About Men

My friends often tell me that I am a person of such mordant wit. Well, what can I do? I think I was born with an incisive and trenchant personality, and people who are close to me can attest to that (who else can? They are always my victim. haha... ) Actually, I only notice those things which stirs up my interest, and I am very vocal about them. I had a little chit-chat with a friend this morning and we were discussing about this new guy she keeps on eyeing for the past days. Well, he really isn't that bad looking, but, he's just not somebody who can have me spun around for another glance. Hmmn..., well, for one, he isn't gifted with the height and built that I have set as the standard for boys. I told this to my friend, and as usual it caused some pout on the lips and a glare that's as fierce as my Bio teacher's. Well, what can I do? I'm just being honest (haha) When it comes to boys, I look for a lot of details. Aside from the over-all personality (wit, attit...