Skip to main content

Trust and Men

"Trust and men are two words that don't belong in a sentence together"
I was browsing this book in a bookstore when this sentence caught my attention. It was written in bold letters and nice font style that it immediately struck my eyes. Well, Ms. Deliberate as I am, I pondered on those words for a while. Actually, the author has the point. Trust is a word that can never be associated with men. Well, actually, I don't hate them or something. In fairness to them, I don't have any problems with most of their race.... a few, maybe. Call me a chauvinist and I don't care. I'm just trying to let out this crap that nobody has dared to slap out of me.
Will somebody be good enough to thwack this thing outta here???!!!! Will somebody make me bring to fruition the real state of affairs that I have to face????!!!! Maybe I'm just too scared to ask and admit some things to myself. I know, one of these days, this ambiguity that makes me falter and stagger will become apparent. I just hope that will be soon enough.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh really....!!!!?????
Anonymous said…
Actually, you can trust men but my guess is you simply do not know how to be in a relationship with them. "I don't blame you or anything", I mean given your age and limited understanding between a gender and a "race", it seems pretty obvious that you have a limited view on life.

As a man and as someone that can be trusted, I have found that women and men both suffer from the same confusion. Trust to men is equal to commitment - again, something that women have no understannd of yet slowly kills men when it is violated. (see statistics on male suicide vs. female).

As far as the "real state of affairs you have to face", you will come to know someday that you create the space you live in. It is not until you take responsibly for your half of the bargin that you will understand...again, that comes with time...

Popular posts from this blog

Is this a sign?

The Philippines had always been a rich agricultural country, that realizing its people are now facing a great dilemma over rice shortage just sounds really absurd. How can an agricultural country be facing such shortage? Never did I thought that this time will come when I will have to witness the chaotic crowds of people waiting for their rice rations. The government is now providing rice subsidy to the people- offering them NFA rice at lower cost. The once 25 to 30 pesos-per-kilo-worth of commercial rice, now mounts to 45 to 51 pesos per kilo. Imagine the increase? Shocking, indeed! The question now is, when will this dilemma end? Will a point come when people will do all sorts of things just to put something on their stomach? How long are Filipinos going to bear with the mayhem over a little ration of rice? Is this the end? Religious critics found this economic crisis a sign. Yup, one of the signs of God's return- the last judgment. My aunt even told me that she fears that the...

Me and You

Is this fate or mere coincidence? Is this for real or falsehood again? Is this the right thing or we just don’t know what we’re doing? Questions seem to be endless, Uncertainties make me restless. Should we? Should I? May those things that we’ve gone through Be our ultimate guide as we go Nothing is certain, you know But as long as there is love, we’ll make it through. We don’t know what lies ahead, What would become of us is uncertain Still, amidst all these indecisions, Only one thing matters, That, right now, there is me and you.

Five Little Details I Notice About Men

My friends often tell me that I am a person of such mordant wit. Well, what can I do? I think I was born with an incisive and trenchant personality, and people who are close to me can attest to that (who else can? They are always my victim. haha... ) Actually, I only notice those things which stirs up my interest, and I am very vocal about them. I had a little chit-chat with a friend this morning and we were discussing about this new guy she keeps on eyeing for the past days. Well, he really isn't that bad looking, but, he's just not somebody who can have me spun around for another glance. Hmmn..., well, for one, he isn't gifted with the height and built that I have set as the standard for boys. I told this to my friend, and as usual it caused some pout on the lips and a glare that's as fierce as my Bio teacher's. Well, what can I do? I'm just being honest (haha) When it comes to boys, I look for a lot of details. Aside from the over-all personality (wit, attit...