Skip to main content

"Ti, happy ka na?"


“Oh. Nadeliver namon ha… Ti, happy ka na?” Says Sir Rommel, the sales manager of Makinaugalingon Press, with a teasing smile. They were about to go back to Iloilo then after promptly delivering the yearbooks. “Hu-oh… happy eh…”, I replied with a big grin.

At long last, I already saw the fruit of all our labors. After all the sleepless nights, the crying times, the “pangasaba and yawyaw” galore, the cutting classes, the "emo" posts, etc…etc…, we were still able to produce the Pylon 2009 Yearbook and the Pylon Interactive on time.

My happiness that time was indescribable. The sense of fulfillment and satisfaction that I felt was beyond description. (Char! OA pod... hehe)

Whenever I think of how I cried during the last Yearbook Camp, when I learned that the biggest responsibility in Pylon was handed on to me, I just smile. All the hesitations and doubts that I felt before just vanished. Now, I'm ready to take on the next challenge. (mag start na sa Pylon 2010? haha...) The compliments and congratulations from the other staff members, advisers, some students who were able to see the book, and even the ex-adviser and the ex-EIC, made me even more confident. It's as if, all the exhaustion and fatigue that I felt were lifted off. "Naibot na jud and tunok sa dughan, Jan?", teased Sir Jo, our former adviser. "Finally, Sir. Baling dakoa dagway sa tunok na naibot," I replied.

At least, now I already know the process and all the ins and outs in yearbook making. I learned so many things along the way. Good thing all went out just fine, because one wrong move in Pylon already means failure in accomplishing the main goal.

A big "thank you" also to the Makinaugalingon people, to Sir Joseph, Sir Vincent, Sir Rommel, Mr. and Mrs. Mejica, and everybody who helped out, for not failing us. During our last visit there last February 28, we've seen how they worked hard just to meet the deadline. And of course, the yearbook 2009 won't be possible without the cooperation and teamwork of the Pylonites. I am just so thankful that I have the full support and help from all of them. (My complete speech at the EIC's page in the yearbook. hehe..)

We made it, guys! Next yearbook na pod...!


"Happy na gid..." hehe

Comments

Leofhila said…
I'm pirst!!

hihihihi.. wen tah magsugod sa Pylon 2010?? wahahaha... Excited?? hihihihi

to all pylonites:
hmmm.. ammmm...
LOADING...
LOADING...

Bitaw... Congratz!!
nakita nah natin ang prutas ng ating pagod, pawis, luha, at iba pah... ahahahah.. ai?

it's soo stada daw!! ana cla... ana c sir khayat... ahahaha...

"THE BEST EVER!!" ana xa!! hihihi

Bora!!
Bora!!
Bora!!

ahahaha

ge nah gud??

Congratz janj!! ♥ ^_^

wit out you... wala rah! joke!
wit out you, the Pylon 2009 won't be this SUCCESSFUL!!
Cheers!! :)
Janjie said…
Yeeeehhh!!! hahaha... Unsay Bora...? haha... Bitaw, inot man gud kaayo atong printer ron... hehe... Bason maka-Bora... depende sa negotiation. Okey ra man dagway ninyo na magpa picture ra ta didto dayon balik ra dayon... nyaahahaha...

C'mon... look at the dark side: 6 hours travel from here to Bacolod, 1 hour ferry boat ride to Iloilo, dayon mga 4 hours pa daw to Bora ana si Mrs. Mejica. nan! Kapoya dagway... nyaahahaha...

Ehem, bitaw, kadungog ko atong comment ni sir... hehe... But, daghan na pod compliments before ato... nyaahahaha....

Congratz nato! It's a group effort bya. next year na pod oh.... sa man? hehe...
Anonymous said…
congratulations jan...and to the pylonites....for an enormous job very very very well done....you are one of a kind and an extraordinary leader..jan!...keep up the good work guys! looking forward to the Pylon 2010....more pressures jan...hahaha..but i know sobrang kaya nimo na! I'm super super super happy...hahahaha!
Bitang5
Leofhila said…
I don't care about the "dark side"!!
bora!! bora!! bora!! hahahahaha

unsa man?? sugdan nah ang 2010 yearbook oh!!

ahahahaha... pwo bora sah!!

^_^
jHeT said…
..hmmm..dli na dark side ky basta excited sa destination, ahw payts keo..nyahaha..

..bora!..bora!..

..ashishi..^^.
donfoxhunter said…
dako-a dagay sa ngisi janjjjjjj!!!!
bora! bora! bora!
para pud mka try me. chucks!
dli dark side ang travel, adventure ra na!
Janjie said…
@Bitang5: Nyaahaha... Tenchu Mam... More pressures jud kay we have to make a better one pa. nakz! hehe... Thanks Mam... Bora kuno mam oh... nyaahaha... Sa man ni oh..? Basi naa na pod gift certificate ang Maki ani... haha...

@Leofhila: Na pressure na ko oh... nyaahaha... Basta lagi mosugot ra mo na magpapicture ra ta didto dayon wala nay kaon2x... hehe... Sa man oh..? Pwd siquijor na lang? nyaahaha... Isipin na lang natin Bora xa... haha...

@Jhet: ahuh-huh... Ayaw bah...! nyahaha... na pressure na jud ko. mosugot na ko ani ron... haha...

@donfoxhunter: bitaw noh... para pod mka try mo... aw? nyahaha... uhm.., pwd si mam na pod ato i pressure? Mam Beth... Bora! Bora! Bora! haha...
Leofhila said…
ai!! bora!! bora!!!
dli siquijor... pwo pede rah ghapon, pwo paghuman sa bora siquijor napud!! ahahahaha...

e pressure ka namo janj, e pressure pud ang Maki.. ahahaha

bacg makakita tah ug nice theme for pylon 2010 sa bora janj...

unsa man?? ahahahaha

^_^
Janjie said…
haha... Kini oh... nyaaaahhh... Gamiton na lang ning theme oh, para makaadto jud. haha...
jHeT said…
..hmmm..we'd do anything for bora..?!nyah..

..c mam Beth apilon sad ug pressure oh..kini oh..ahahaha..

..leopila dai, k ra pd kah..dghan ka kwarta or maglangoy ra ka gkan bora padung siquijor?nyahaha..

^^.
JB said…
ai...sayop sayop sayop........ako rpui ngcomment sa aq..hahaha....uli nku te il keep in touch..

Popular posts from this blog

Is this a sign?

The Philippines had always been a rich agricultural country, that realizing its people are now facing a great dilemma over rice shortage just sounds really absurd. How can an agricultural country be facing such shortage? Never did I thought that this time will come when I will have to witness the chaotic crowds of people waiting for their rice rations. The government is now providing rice subsidy to the people- offering them NFA rice at lower cost. The once 25 to 30 pesos-per-kilo-worth of commercial rice, now mounts to 45 to 51 pesos per kilo. Imagine the increase? Shocking, indeed! The question now is, when will this dilemma end? Will a point come when people will do all sorts of things just to put something on their stomach? How long are Filipinos going to bear with the mayhem over a little ration of rice? Is this the end? Religious critics found this economic crisis a sign. Yup, one of the signs of God's return- the last judgment. My aunt even told me that she fears that the...

Me and You

Is this fate or mere coincidence? Is this for real or falsehood again? Is this the right thing or we just don’t know what we’re doing? Questions seem to be endless, Uncertainties make me restless. Should we? Should I? May those things that we’ve gone through Be our ultimate guide as we go Nothing is certain, you know But as long as there is love, we’ll make it through. We don’t know what lies ahead, What would become of us is uncertain Still, amidst all these indecisions, Only one thing matters, That, right now, there is me and you.

Five Little Details I Notice About Men

My friends often tell me that I am a person of such mordant wit. Well, what can I do? I think I was born with an incisive and trenchant personality, and people who are close to me can attest to that (who else can? They are always my victim. haha... ) Actually, I only notice those things which stirs up my interest, and I am very vocal about them. I had a little chit-chat with a friend this morning and we were discussing about this new guy she keeps on eyeing for the past days. Well, he really isn't that bad looking, but, he's just not somebody who can have me spun around for another glance. Hmmn..., well, for one, he isn't gifted with the height and built that I have set as the standard for boys. I told this to my friend, and as usual it caused some pout on the lips and a glare that's as fierce as my Bio teacher's. Well, what can I do? I'm just being honest (haha) When it comes to boys, I look for a lot of details. Aside from the over-all personality (wit, attit...