Skip to main content

Bohol Visit (The Serious Work Part)

Being a part of an organization that deals with agriculture-related researches and extension services is never an easy task for someone who earned a degree in Management. Nope, not easy. However, since my bosses seem to think I have been handed on super powers by some random galactic supernatural being, I just have to pull it off. Every task that I am asked to do for the organization is a really big challenge to me. Meetings, even, are way more challenging than I ever thought.

Anyway, one of the things that I am tasked just recently is to make a story about the science and technology interventions made on the farms of our chosen farmer-scientists in Bohol. I had to document the things that they did on their farms and try to come up with a modest article, brochures and other reading materials, and a techno-video. 

Despite this being on top of my usual obligations in the university, I still try to deliver the best output that I can. 

Here are a few pictures to give you an idea of how my regular Agriculture and Applied Communications-related job goes:




I found it really impressive how the farmers know how to categorize the insects present in their fields.

Vermi-composting - every farmer should know this. 


This is one way to earn the charms needed for the farmers to fully cooperate. :)


The experience is really rewarding since I did not only get to travel and meet new people, I also was able to learn a lot. I am very impressed at how the two farmers answered all my questions. They exemplified how knowledgeable and skilled Boholano farmers are, and how well-performing their Agriculture Office people are. 

*The other side of the trip, the 'touristy' part, will be for another post. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is this a sign?

The Philippines had always been a rich agricultural country, that realizing its people are now facing a great dilemma over rice shortage just sounds really absurd. How can an agricultural country be facing such shortage? Never did I thought that this time will come when I will have to witness the chaotic crowds of people waiting for their rice rations. The government is now providing rice subsidy to the people- offering them NFA rice at lower cost. The once 25 to 30 pesos-per-kilo-worth of commercial rice, now mounts to 45 to 51 pesos per kilo. Imagine the increase? Shocking, indeed! The question now is, when will this dilemma end? Will a point come when people will do all sorts of things just to put something on their stomach? How long are Filipinos going to bear with the mayhem over a little ration of rice? Is this the end? Religious critics found this economic crisis a sign. Yup, one of the signs of God's return- the last judgment. My aunt even told me that she fears that the...

Me and You

Is this fate or mere coincidence? Is this for real or falsehood again? Is this the right thing or we just don’t know what we’re doing? Questions seem to be endless, Uncertainties make me restless. Should we? Should I? May those things that we’ve gone through Be our ultimate guide as we go Nothing is certain, you know But as long as there is love, we’ll make it through. We don’t know what lies ahead, What would become of us is uncertain Still, amidst all these indecisions, Only one thing matters, That, right now, there is me and you.

Five Little Details I Notice About Men

My friends often tell me that I am a person of such mordant wit. Well, what can I do? I think I was born with an incisive and trenchant personality, and people who are close to me can attest to that (who else can? They are always my victim. haha... ) Actually, I only notice those things which stirs up my interest, and I am very vocal about them. I had a little chit-chat with a friend this morning and we were discussing about this new guy she keeps on eyeing for the past days. Well, he really isn't that bad looking, but, he's just not somebody who can have me spun around for another glance. Hmmn..., well, for one, he isn't gifted with the height and built that I have set as the standard for boys. I told this to my friend, and as usual it caused some pout on the lips and a glare that's as fierce as my Bio teacher's. Well, what can I do? I'm just being honest (haha) When it comes to boys, I look for a lot of details. Aside from the over-all personality (wit, attit...