Skip to main content

UNTITLED: Part 1

There is a heavy downpour of rain outside; thunder come rolling like an angry monster; and lightning clashes like a bolt. The strom has come in time of my despondency, as if sharing with my agony. As I hear the heavy raindrops o the roof, I can't help but think of our conversation earlier.

"He said he's so in-love with me... Oh..., I just didn't know what to say!" she said this dreamily, and I almost cried. How could he say that to her? I thought those words are only for me?

""Well, I think he really meant it," I said. And I thought-- did he also mean it when he said it to me?

"I think he did! Oh.., I'm the luckiest woman on earth!".... And I am the most unfortunate....

Several questions came flooding out of my mind. Many 'what-ifs" kept on bugging me. What if I just fought for how I feel? What if he still loves me? But I can never turn back the time. I've been such a coward, and now, I'm suffering the consequences. But what else can I do? Which love am I going to choose and which love am I going to give up? That I feel for this dear girl, or that I have with that man, which can surely hurt this girl. I am too scared to risk and so I chose to do what I think is right?

"....... and then we went to his parents' house and..... hey..., are you listening.....?"

"Y-yeah... of course... I-I'm just not feeling well, I guess...," I lied.

And then I thought..., how many times do I still have to lie?

-to be continued-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is this a sign?

The Philippines had always been a rich agricultural country, that realizing its people are now facing a great dilemma over rice shortage just sounds really absurd. How can an agricultural country be facing such shortage? Never did I thought that this time will come when I will have to witness the chaotic crowds of people waiting for their rice rations. The government is now providing rice subsidy to the people- offering them NFA rice at lower cost. The once 25 to 30 pesos-per-kilo-worth of commercial rice, now mounts to 45 to 51 pesos per kilo. Imagine the increase? Shocking, indeed! The question now is, when will this dilemma end? Will a point come when people will do all sorts of things just to put something on their stomach? How long are Filipinos going to bear with the mayhem over a little ration of rice? Is this the end? Religious critics found this economic crisis a sign. Yup, one of the signs of God's return- the last judgment. My aunt even told me that she fears that the...

Me and You

Is this fate or mere coincidence? Is this for real or falsehood again? Is this the right thing or we just don’t know what we’re doing? Questions seem to be endless, Uncertainties make me restless. Should we? Should I? May those things that we’ve gone through Be our ultimate guide as we go Nothing is certain, you know But as long as there is love, we’ll make it through. We don’t know what lies ahead, What would become of us is uncertain Still, amidst all these indecisions, Only one thing matters, That, right now, there is me and you.

Five Little Details I Notice About Men

My friends often tell me that I am a person of such mordant wit. Well, what can I do? I think I was born with an incisive and trenchant personality, and people who are close to me can attest to that (who else can? They are always my victim. haha... ) Actually, I only notice those things which stirs up my interest, and I am very vocal about them. I had a little chit-chat with a friend this morning and we were discussing about this new guy she keeps on eyeing for the past days. Well, he really isn't that bad looking, but, he's just not somebody who can have me spun around for another glance. Hmmn..., well, for one, he isn't gifted with the height and built that I have set as the standard for boys. I told this to my friend, and as usual it caused some pout on the lips and a glare that's as fierce as my Bio teacher's. Well, what can I do? I'm just being honest (haha) When it comes to boys, I look for a lot of details. Aside from the over-all personality (wit, attit...