Skip to main content

Congratulations!


I've witnessed it all. How she hurdled all those obstacles, how she coped up with the problems, how she bore the tormenting pain (LOL)... Well, how can I not? Were so sisters, you know?


Anyway, after 5 years (5 because, she first took up Accountancy, then shifted to Nursing) of burning the midnight candle, finally, she is able to graduate. Actually, when I said she's burning the midnight candle, I was just exaggerating. I mean, just for it to seem normal. One thing I admire about my sister, is that she doesn't seem to be studying very hard, but still she is able to get really high grades. Studying and preparing for an exam for me would mean staying in my room and facing nothing else but books, notes, papers. But my Ate? Gee..., for her it means sitting in front of the TV, cuddling her books, and texting. She then studies during commercial breaks. She just seems to have really high I.Q. or something...

I remember before, when we were still young (I mean younger than this time), we used to fight often. And we were not just contented with oral arguments at that. We really did fist fights (LOL), slapping, kicking, name it... we did that before. We stopped fighting when we were already in high school. We, sort of, realized that we were more mature then. And we already had common interests, crushes, and friends. We were even in the same clubs and organizations before, and all the teachers and students knew that we are sisters. It was like, we were identified before as distinctive and matchless (laughs).

When we entered college, we even got along more. Although, we rarely see each other because of conflict in schedules, we still are real close with each other. Every time, we got the chance to meet, we find ourselves having a load of things to say to each other.

Okey, so Ate, you owe me one now because I made this post for you (kidding). Congratulations! You really deserve it. Continue soaring high. Luv yah!!!!

Comments

rocky choleric said…
What can i say? CONGRATULATIONS to your Ate! And to you as well for being a certified blogger now (laughing)...
Janjie said…
Gee... Tnx... I guess I am. I'm addicted to this thing already. Who else can I blame? hehehe... Tnx for introducing this to me.
Anonymous said…
CONGRATULATIONS to Ate.

Thanks for the visit.
Anonymous said…
This's not your end destination but this's your first step to get better live. Congratulation from Indonesia
Anonymous said…
You look like your sister..basing on your profile picture.Btw, congrats!

Popular posts from this blog

Is this a sign?

The Philippines had always been a rich agricultural country, that realizing its people are now facing a great dilemma over rice shortage just sounds really absurd. How can an agricultural country be facing such shortage? Never did I thought that this time will come when I will have to witness the chaotic crowds of people waiting for their rice rations. The government is now providing rice subsidy to the people- offering them NFA rice at lower cost. The once 25 to 30 pesos-per-kilo-worth of commercial rice, now mounts to 45 to 51 pesos per kilo. Imagine the increase? Shocking, indeed! The question now is, when will this dilemma end? Will a point come when people will do all sorts of things just to put something on their stomach? How long are Filipinos going to bear with the mayhem over a little ration of rice? Is this the end? Religious critics found this economic crisis a sign. Yup, one of the signs of God's return- the last judgment. My aunt even told me that she fears that the...

Me and You

Is this fate or mere coincidence? Is this for real or falsehood again? Is this the right thing or we just don’t know what we’re doing? Questions seem to be endless, Uncertainties make me restless. Should we? Should I? May those things that we’ve gone through Be our ultimate guide as we go Nothing is certain, you know But as long as there is love, we’ll make it through. We don’t know what lies ahead, What would become of us is uncertain Still, amidst all these indecisions, Only one thing matters, That, right now, there is me and you.

Five Little Details I Notice About Men

My friends often tell me that I am a person of such mordant wit. Well, what can I do? I think I was born with an incisive and trenchant personality, and people who are close to me can attest to that (who else can? They are always my victim. haha... ) Actually, I only notice those things which stirs up my interest, and I am very vocal about them. I had a little chit-chat with a friend this morning and we were discussing about this new guy she keeps on eyeing for the past days. Well, he really isn't that bad looking, but, he's just not somebody who can have me spun around for another glance. Hmmn..., well, for one, he isn't gifted with the height and built that I have set as the standard for boys. I told this to my friend, and as usual it caused some pout on the lips and a glare that's as fierce as my Bio teacher's. Well, what can I do? I'm just being honest (haha) When it comes to boys, I look for a lot of details. Aside from the over-all personality (wit, attit...